There are pros and cons to everything out there, and pets are no exception.
For every breed of k9, there are pros about the particular breed, but cons that might be good to know whether it’s about your current dog, or a breed of dog you’re interested in purchasing one day.
General Pros for Different Breeds
- Long Lives
- Good General Health
- Good House Pet
- Great Guard Dog
- Great Working Dog
- Loving and Gentle
General Cons for Different Breeds
- Can’t Handle Heat or Cold Well
- Prone to Health Issues
- Tends to Be Nervous or Nippy
- Aggressive Behavior Toward Others (can be linked to diet and nutrition)
- Fur Mats Up Without Daily Attention
- Not a Good Family Dog
- Disobedient Behavior
Every item above can be mixed and matched one way or another, for just about every breed out there.
Every breed has its own set of strengths and weaknesses that should be assessed before deciding to purchase a dog.
A dog that is a good fit for one person or family, might not be for a different person or family living under different circumstances.
Proper nutrition is an essential component of canine health.
Some common sense can save a lot of time when narrowing down the list of dog breeds that you’d like to have.
But having a well-rounded knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of the breeds you’re interested in, can narrow your search to a winner!
You will find our pros and cons dog questions in the links below:
- 15 Reasons why people hate dogs
- 19 Dog breeds that are good with cats
- 7 Reasons why dogs lick ears
- English Bulldog vs French Bulldog
- Why do dogs bark in their sleep?
- Why do dogs have jowls?
- Why do dogs howl in their sleep?
- Wolf vs Husky differences
- What dog breeds would you never own?
- What is the differences between Labrador vs Golden Retriever?
- Belgian Malinois vs. German Shepherd Comparison